Can you help me with moving a picture and text in Photoshop CS5?

Gary Hunt April 7, 2012

Using CS5 and reading your Idiots Guide to Photoshop 1, when going through your guide and “flattening” the text and graphic you say I should be able to move the picture. When I try to move it, the entire layer moves and not just the picture and text. What am I doing wrong?

1. Azamat "Bohed" E

Once you "flatten" your image you won't be able to move any separate object in that document. So, before flattening, move your text/picture/etc. as desired. Also, when moving objects, make sure you have the proper layer selected.

2. Simon Slangen

Make sure your text, graphic, and the rest are in separate layers. Then select the text and graphic layers -> right click -> merge layers.
    Now you should have one layer with only the text and graphic. If there's any other part moving that shouldn't move, you should put it in a separate layer.

Click the move tool and move the text/picture once highlighted?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEapYEcMXME