How can I download some movies to my laptop for my kids to watch?
Question by Mark Strickland /

How can I download some movies to my laptop for my kids to watch? I’m using Windows.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , , ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Arin

where do you want to download the movies from? if you have a subscription for a movie streaming platform you can try using audials moviebox. it basically just records the video stream and then converts it to a video format you choose (avi, mp4, wmv, 3gp etc.); this way you can use it on multiple devices if you don’t want to just watch it on your computer. you can find more details here:

• thea campo

i need to download spy kids 3

• Sonny Bass

If you own any DVD titles they would like to watch it would be legal to make one backup copy and store it on your laptop. You could use Freemake video converter for this. 
    It would Not be legal to use this method for movies rented from RedBox or similar.

• Dave Parrack

If you’re willing to pay to download these movies then there are numerous options. Including iTunes and Amazon, both of which offer up-to-date titles for between $10 and $20. If you’re not willing to pay then you enter a legal gray area that will likely involve torrents

• Jay.0

Try :

Use google for better answers and movies for children,

(I read somewhere that downloading movies is illegal,
    and then I read somewhere that flirting was/is illegal in New york (fine 25 $)

• Jeff Fabish

Hi Mark,

I’m afraid we can’t really help you out there. You can subscribe to a service such as Netflix ($8/mo), Blockbuster ($10/mo) or Hulu Plus ($8/mo) which allow you to watch movies. 

Please also see the search results for “Watch Movies Online“. I’m not sure how legal it is, but typically on Google you can search “Watch online” and get a few legitimate websites to watch the movie.