Why does Movie411 fail to initialize?

Beatle4 (Ed) May 12, 2011

I downloaded a copy of “Movie411” that was featured here on MakeUseOf Search & Download Movie Information With High Resolution Movie Covers Using Movie411 Search & Download Movie Information With High Resolution Movie Covers Using Movie411 Movie411 is a free software that enables you to quickly search and download movie information and DVD box art (both front and back covers). Movie411 is a portable application that's simple and free. Let’s check... Read More . While the program downloaded ok, every time I try to open it, I get the following message:

“This application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application”.

Is my computer missing something needed to open this or is there something I’m not doing properly.

Which is the version of your windows, according that uninstal SP, reboot and reinstal again through windows update.. Also prior uninstal Movie411Movie411

• Beatle4

I have Windows XP with SP3

How to uninstal SP3
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249
        1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter2. Click to select the show updates check box3. Locate Windows XP Service Pack 3 and click remove 4. click Finish after complete removal and to restart your computer

ha14,

are you saying that he should uninstall SP3 in order to make the Movie411 install work? That doesn't sound like the right thing to do! SP3 is an important service pack, it should not be uninstalled!

Hi Tina
          No I am not saying that to remove SP3 completly, what I said is a fresh reinstal of SP3 can fix some issues that Beatle4 is experiencing with the system, such as .net framework and other error messages. Uninstal SP3 and Reinstal SP3 as a solution.

Thanks for the clarification!

2. Saikat Basu

You are probably missing NET Framework 3.5 which is required for the software to run properly. You can download it and then try running the software.

• Beatle4

I downloaded the NET Framework as you suggested but now I get a different message.

"Unable To Find A Version Of The Runtime To Run This Application"