I am using a WordPress site using this theme Onetone, a free website theme, I was wondering is there an easy way to move the website to another host.
Is it possible? How?
The steps manually are:
1. Install WordPress on the new host (you may need to make sure your current theme works under the latest version of WordPress if you plan to upgrade.
2. Do database backup and WordPress files backup - you likely have easy tools in Cpanel on your host to do this.
3. Import the database to the SQL database on the new server and import the files
4. Update wp-config.php, but you'll also need to go through WordPress and make sure your plugins & settings are still the same.
I love the idea of Chinu's Duplicator plugin - sounds wonderfully simple, but I've never tried it so can't give feedback on that one. Worth a try though!
It's also worth reading Jeffry's article on it: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/move-wordpress-blog-host/
There is this is a plugin that allows to clone and move a WordPress Website from one host to another.
It is pretty easy to use, creates 2 files : the backup.zip and the installer.php
Just run the installer file on the new host after uploading the backup.zip there and you are done.
URL : http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
I have not found anything easier than this yet.
Hope this is useful.
This looks great if it works, I'd recommend giving it a go.
Exporting databases and copying all of the files is often a bit of a complicated thing for many good web designers using WordPress that are not well versed in databases and navigating hosting environments.
What I use is BackupBuddy from ithemes.com. It truly makes things easier than copying all the stuff yourself.
I use BackupBuddy to on all of my sites. I highly recommend it! It will make your life easy.
If your domain is staying the same the move is pretty easy.
1. Export your WordPress Database
2. Import that Database to your new server/host
3. Copy all existing files from your old host to your new host
4. Update the wp-config.php with your new Database name/password if needed
You can find more info in the WordPress codex at http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress