How can I move music from my iPod to my Windows computer?

Ben Witty May 11, 2011

Question regarding the 2007 article How To: Move Music from iPod to PC in 5 Easy Steps How To: Move Music from iPod to PC in 5 Easy Steps How To: Move Music from iPod to PC in 5 Easy Steps Read More .

Why did you say you can help me move music from my iPod to my computer when your advice means that I lose all my music? That is nasty and malicious. That is a really mean thing to do, now I have no music on my computer. Why would you want to do that to me? I did nothing to you. (…)

[Note from editor: the last two sentences of this question were removed.]

1. Mark O'Neill

To begin with, I am sorry that the steps didn't work out the way they are meant to but you have to bear in mind the following :

1) I wrote that article several years ago. iPods have progressed a great deal since then. What worked back in 2007 may not work now.

2) Since I am not looking over your shoulder, it is impossible for me to know what you have done wrong. So it is extremely difficult for me to help you troubleshoot.

3) The steps I described DO work. Just read the comments and you'll see that.

4) The songs will still be on your iPod. So you haven't lost the music.

The best way to get music off an iPod today is by using a free app called SharePod. You can find it here - http://www.getsharepod.com. Put the SharePod app in the iPod folder on the computer, open it up and take it from there.

Oh and Tina may have edited your question to remove the verbal abuse, but I just want to put on the record that I don't appreciate being insulted. If you need help, I will do my best. But if you insult me next time, you can do it yourself.