How can I move my iPhone apps and data from one iPhone to another?
Question by Mary Phillips /

When the next version iPhone comes out, I’m getting it and donating mine to my husband. How do I get all of my settings, apps, and data transferred from the old to the new phone? The same with the iPad. When the next version comes out, I’m going to want to do the same there. Thank you.

• deepen

how can i transfer my datas like songs,apps,videos one iphone to another iphone?

• km

many game apps will not save your current progress to be transferred onto new phone, you have to start from the beginning, i have 3 devices and tried everything fron itunes sync to icloud backup and also seek help from o2 shop and apple store :(

I don’t really see where it’s more complicated or something…

In either case you have to connect the old iPhone backup/export the data, connect the new iPhone and transfer the old data.
    The only difference is that one method is using iTunes own function. The other one requires installation of an additional tool.

But whatever works for you is fine…

• John A Stidham

The way I was able to move most of the data was to complete an encrypted backup in iTunes on my old 3G phone and then restore it to my new 4.  Probably the easiest and most efficient way to do it, especially if you only have service available on one phone at the time; as I did.

However, as someone else posted, iCloud does do a phenomenal job of matching the content of all of your iOS devices, so whatever you have downloaded to your iPhone (apps, music, etc.) can be added to your iPad or iPod that is also running iOS 5 or later.

Best of luck making the transfer! : )

• To_srm

if you have iOS 5 in your iPhone, the best way to proceed is using iCloud, it stores your pictures, documents, contacts and other info and wirelessly pushes them to other devices.
    For more information on how iCloud works, go to http://www.apple.com/icloud/what-is.html

The easiest method is to connect your iPhone to iTunes and do a last synchronization. This will store a backup of your device in it’s current state.

Then simply connect the new device to iTunes and select to restore it from the backup [of your old iPhone] previously created.

Transferring information from your current iPhone to a new iPhone

* The same method applies to your iPad or any other iOS device for that matter