Is it possible to move apps from a Sony Xperia Neo L without rooting?

Dhiraj Jaiswal September 26, 2012

Hi,

I need your help. I Want to move my apps from phone to my SD card without rooting my Sony Xperia Neo L having Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) installed. Is it possible to do it ?

1. Dimal Chandrasiri

I'm using a xperia mini pro. and I'm running ICS 4.0.4.. I have never used a third party application to move installed app from phone memory to SD card. just try this. it should do. ICS comes with a stock application mover inside it. I dn't know why all ICS users miss this! O.o
    try this steps...

Settings -> apps -> select the app you want to move and click -> in app info you should see a button which allows you to move your application to the memory card!

if the above button is grayed out, then the specific app cannot be moved to the SD. so dnt try to move it with a 3rd party app. probably mess up the application behavior!

2. bonioloff

Yes you can do it, the new xperia has the feature. My old Xperia Mini Pro must be rooted first, but i see my friends Arc, it can do it without any modification. But i have no the device you say, so i cannot sure about it.

Yes,you can move apps which supports this feature.However,some apps must not be moved like widgets,live wallpapers as they are required to be loaded during phone startup.

Move Apps - App 2 SD -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.probcomp.moveapps&hl=en