How can I move Android apps from phone to memory card on LG Phoenix?

Hershel Hartford August 5, 2012

I have an LG Phoenix phone, as I download applications, the phone’s internal storage fills up fast. Using the settings provided, I have moved a number of apps to the storage card I have installed.

But many of the apps will not let you move them. Is there a way around this, so that you can move those apps to the card and free up internal storage space?

1. srkhan

how should i move android apps and games to sdcard?

It's not recommend that you move any of your frequently used apps to SD card. By default, some apps will use SD storage. Others will not. It's not something anyone should mess with.

First of all, apps relocated to SD card experience substantial performance loss. Second (as others have mentioned), apps may begin to misbehave (or malfunction) as a result of being moved. It can result in system instability or worse.

The best way to preserve your phone's performance is to install as few apps as possible. Also, avoid ad-supported apps. They have adverse impact on your handset's battery life and overall performance.

3. Christopher Harlan

There is always App2SD if it's not rooted, but if you did go through the rooting route I recommend using Titanium Backup and using their batch move!

How to Install Android Apps to the SD Card by Default & Move Almost Any App to the SD Card -

http://www.howtogeek.com/114667/how-to-install-android-apps-to-the-sd-card-by-default-move-almost-any-app-to-the-sd-card/

5. Dalsan

Apps2SD can be used, but widgets and certain other apps must remain on phone storage to work properly. If you root your phone, which in most cases is safe, you can use GL2SD which moves game data like Need for Speed games' data (200MB or more) to your SD card.

This is one of the safest ways to root your phone, and haven't really came across a phone that was bricked by using it. If it doesn't work, all that really happens is your phone won't be rooted. http://www.apkfullapps.com/2012/01/superoneclick-v233-apk-app.html If you have trouble rooting, just ask and I will try to find a way to get it done.

• Dalsan

Rooting your phone could also allow you to remove carrier bloatware and give you more room for what you want.

6. Suman Acharya

i aslo use app2sd on my android mobile downloaded from market (play store).
    or you can root your phone but it's too technical for me and i didn't do that, i thought it's not worth taking the risk.

7. Bumferry

I use an app called App2SD which allows movement of many apps from internal storage to SD card, Even some that won't give full access (eg, widgets) if stored on SD card. The app will tell this before moving any apps. There are some apps that are stuck on internal storage and can not be moved or deleted, unfortunately. There isn't really a way that I know of, unless you want to get into the whole rooting thing - but I'm wary of bricking my phone", but if anyone else does I'll keep looking here.

8. Bumferry

I use an app called App2SD which allows movement of many apps from internal storage to SD card, Even some that won't give full access (eg, widgets) if stored on SD card. The app will tell this before moving any apps.
    There are some apps that are stuck on internal storage and can not be moved or deleted, unfortunately. There isn't really a way that I know of, unless you want to get into the whole rooting thing - but I'm wary of bricking my phone", but if anyone else does I'll keep looking here.

9. Alex

APP2SD, APPtoSD and more apps allowed move apps. I use A Super Box.