How can I move Amazon Video On Demand files to an external hard drive?

Meg October 25, 2011

In an April 2011 article 3 Useful Things You Can Do With Amazon Video On Demand 3 Useful Things You Can Do With Amazon Video On Demand When most people think of Amazon, they think of shopping. However, the company is starting to appreciate the value of providing free services and products to customers. One example is the ability to download music... Read More author Ryan Dube said “you can just copy (the VOD) that file and put it anywhere.”

I’ve been using VOD for last year, and my internal drive is getting cluttered with my downloaded library. I’ve tried copying the files to an external HDD and then playing them, but they won’t play. Instead I get sent to the Amazon website looking for license info.

If I can’t copy the VOD file, then is is possible to change the file path and move the orignal folder to the new path on the external HDD?

Videos may be copied for backup purposes only. Amazon
    Instant Video video files copied to a DVD or other removable media for the
    purpose of backup will not be viewable. You can only view videos from a backup
    if you use the Import
    function on the Settings menu of the Amazon Unbox Video Player.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200238960