Why does my mouse become invisible when I play games in full screen mode?

Darrell September 27, 2011

When I try to play some games in full screen, I lose my mouse, that is it becomes invisible. Other games I see the mouse, but it fluctuates in appearance. If I restore down I can play and see pointer.

I’m using Windows 7 Home Premium on a 1 year old HP P6510E AMD Anthlon 630 Quad core using an ATI Radeon HD4200 graphics.

Hope you can help, thanks, Darrell

1) Open: CONTROL PANEL
    2) Select: Mouse Pointers
    3) Disable ALL ancillary
    pointer behavior (e.g. shadows, trails, non-default pointer shapes, precision
    enhancement, Snap-To, Hide-pointer-while-typing... EVERYTHING! Just to be
    sure!)
    4) Run game.

• Darrell

Thank you ha14.... I tried what you said about disable all pointer behavior... I went back to default and my pointer works just like it was supposed too.... thanks again ha14 !!

Thanks for the feedback, Darrell!

• McCIoud

Thanks Anon

HI Darrell,

It sounds like the game has a cursor overide. In D3D, the programmer can make his own pointer which has precedence over the windows cursor. He may chose not to draw (render) a mouse yet. As soon as you tab out, or focus on a different window, that window gains precedence over the others (therefor you can see your mouse again). 

This would only be true if it were convenient. If you need to be selecting menu's and you can't see the mouse (i.e an ideal time to have a mouse), there is probably something wrong. Please list the games that give you this problem.