Why does my Motorola Droid Razr wake up every few minutes?

Chris January 15, 2012

I have a Motorola Droid Razr. When unplugged, the phone wakes up every minute or so briefly and then turns off. I’ve tried numerous things, including monitoring programs, power management widgets, system tweaks to no avail.

I had the same issue with my Samsung Epic 4G, so it must be an app issue. A search online has yielded no answers.

1. Chris

Solved my own problem. I downloaded Spare Parts from the Market. Using it, I found that Launch Pro was launching the most times, naturally since the phone was waking up. The second top program was Noom Pedometer. I uninstalled it, and my problem went away.

Thanks for sharing, Chris!

• Vishesh Shakti

I have the same problem with my sumsung galaxy note i dont know what should i do

• Mark

Had the same problem on my Razr due to Noom Pedometer. Just switching off this app solved the problem.

2. Chris

@ha14 Thanks for your answer. I know that ultimately that is what I will need to do. I was hoping to find out if there were some known issues with rogue apps that I could just uninstall.
    @ha14:disqus
     did try your suggestion about a launcher since I do have Launcher Pro on my phone. That didn't make a difference. For snicks, I tried a different launcher to no avail. If that is the problem, I read of an upcoming update to Launcher Pro that may (or may not) address any issues like this that it may cause.

try to reset if don't help then hard reset and if this works, then try to reinstall applications one by one to see which one is causing this problem.

Also if you installed another theme or launcher then this can be the problem