What motherboards do you suggest for Intel i3 3220?
Question by fenekus fen /

Can you help me to choose motherboard for Intel i3 3220, with minimum 2x SATA III; minimum 2x USB 3; 4 memory slots and enough space for CPU Cooler? No overclocking.

I am confused with so many motherboards, chipsets and options. Will this motherboard (1155) accept new Haswell CPUs?

• mam accounting services

Any H61 or higher motherboard would suffice. I prefer the Wibtek H61-MPI which supports all Sandybridge and Ivybridge Processors even Windows 8 hardware support. Yes it will accept the new Haswell CPU’s.

• Kannon Y

I have been advising against the Core i3-3220 (or anything Ivy Bridge) since learning about Intel’s apparent attempt to sabotage their own product. For more information on this problem, check out this article.

Basically, between the heat spreader and the raw, exposed CPU die, is some thermal compound. Intel decided to use a cheap quality compound, which performs poorly under high temperatures.

Poor quality thermal compound is known to rapidly break down over time – I’ve heard that temperatures will likely begin to rise approximately three years into the CPU’s lifecycle, more or less. Which is right about when the warranty expires.

Most computer enthusiasts replace their desktops every few years – so three years might not be a big concern. But in my opinion, it effects the resale value and, thus, should be avoided until Intel switches back to fluxless solder.

Intel® Desktop Board DZ77GA-70K

BIOSTAR Hi-Fi Z77X 5.x LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

ASUS P8Z77-V Pro

Intel Haswell processors GT1, GT2 and GT3
    The processors will utilize new sockets, socket H3 (LGA1150) on desktop, and socket G3 on mobile platform.

• Indronil Mondal

asus P8B75-M LX

• Harish Jonnalagadda

Just use the correct socket number, and I would recommend boards by Asus. They have the best heatsinks and are quite affordable. I would recommend buying from newegg.com

• Aniket Singh

In general ASUS & Gigabyt both are good

• Naveen Kumar

take a look at these motherboards
    and give info about you price range buddy????????

• Boni Oloff

Yeah, he should show the budget. Because there are many type mother board that can run i3

• Jim Chambers

Go for a base model in a product line with an Intel Z77 or H77 chipset unless you want bells and whistles such as onboard Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc. I like Asus.

• Jan Fritsch

Haswell will use a new socket “LGA 1150″ so it won’t be compatible with current motherboards.

As for the motherboard there isn’t much you can do wrong as long as it has the right socket (1155) and all the options you mentioned.

ASRock Z77 Extreme6
    Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H

just two examples, both not over expensive

• Dave Rimmer

When choosing a CPU & Motherboard, just make sure that what ever CPU you choose Intel in your case that the sockets match up (1155) and you can’t go wrong, it all depends on just how much you are willing to spend and what you are going to use it for, I would choose from Asus, Gigabyte & Asrock.