Is it possible to have a second monitor display a zoomed portion of my primary monitor?

Robert October 27, 2011

I would like my Mac to display a mirror (real-time projection) image of a zoomed-in quarter of one screen on a separate monitor.

I play a real-time strategy game w a mini-map in the bottom left corner. At a high level of play, watching the map constantly is essential to securing victory. I would like a larger mini-map displayed on my smaller screen.

Does that make sense? I have OSX. Is this possible?

1. Billy

there really is no point to having a larger minimap on another screen - if your high level already then you are probably entering tournaments. If you go to a LAN event your not going to have access to a second monitor. I say just play more with the current minimap like all the pro's do. :)

2. CJ_Ralph

Do you have a magnifier app like that in Windows? Move it to your second monitor and resize it to the desired scale and magnification.