Why does my monitor not display anything after rebooting?

farid hazbavi May 24, 2010

When I turn on my PC, during the boot nothing is displayed on the monitor. However, the music of Windows welcoming is audible, but still the screen is black. Then after restarting the PC everything is ok. Why?

1. Rtwhite2003

I am having trouble with my laptop..it will go into reboot mode after i turn it on, then as it is done booting blue screen appears with user and pass code option with HP logo cover this ... then it makes a screech and screen goes blank/ shuts down. HELP! 

Farid,

did you solve the issues with your monitor? Do you know what caused them? Please post an update to your question if you found the cause and/or a solution. Thank you!

• Nitin Jori11

i have no video card i still my moniter is not displaying

3. pceasies

What happens if you unplug your monitor and plug it in while it's not normally working? If it still doesn't work see if you can find driver updates for your video card/integrated graphics.

4. Rob Walley

It is possible your video card is going bad. If you have a video card, remove it and reseat it and make sure it is clean by blowing it off with compressed air. If the video is integrated into the motherboard, try installing a separate video card and see if the problem is corrected.

Other possibilities: Try replacing your video cable.
    The monitor itself may be going bad. If possible, swap out with a known working monitor and see if problem repeats.

If you don't restart your PC, and shut it down, the screen doesn't show the second time?

When you boot up normally, does the screen NEVER show or does it show it occasionally?

I suggest that you check your settings to ensure everything is normal.

Right click, properties, settings. Adjust the resolution to something like 768x1024

But I am not sure why it's doing that.

Does the monitor turn on or does it just sit in standby mode?

6. Steve Campbell

If your monitor is working properly most of the time, then I doubt it would be a hardware issue. It sounds like some kind of strange error within Windows. Does this happen when you boot into safe mode? Maybe a clean reinstall or an upgrade of Windows would clear up this issue.