Why does my monitor go black for a moment when I watch video?

Muhammad Faisal Wahab Khan September 3, 2012

I am having problems with my LCD monitor. Whenever a video loads my screen goes black of a second, then returns to normal. Whenever the video stops to buffer it happens again. What could cause this?

1. Pedro Oliva

I had the same problem with a pc ... and updating drivers could not fix it, what I did was disable the video driver (uninstall the driver could be) and not install / enable it again

hp proliant, ati video device and windows XP

2. Muhammad Ahmad

I'm also having this issue. It;s only in chrome. Please use Internet explorer.

• faisal khan

thanks yes i checked that

3. Erlis Dhima

Clean uninstall your graphics driver, and reinstall it again!
    If it doesn't work, maybe you need to clean the RAM & Graphics Card part where they get inserted in the motherboard! (With alcohol) If it doesn't work, than it might be other problems, like a broken wire that connects your monitor with the back of the pc. And the bad ones, problems with your graphics card, or even worse, your monitor!
    If none of the above works, try to find a graphic card, and replace it.
    And if the problem still is, you must really go to a computer repair shop!

4. ferdinan Sitohang

sometimes it is because of the driver or the graphic card it self. if you still have the same problem after having update the driver, just try with a new graphic card, and please note to have your monitor meet the graphic card specification.

5. josemon maliakal

you better update your driver software, especially your video card software ..

try to update your video card driver
    go to device manager locate the video card driver, right click on it and choose uninstall (do not delete the driver) reboot and let windows to install a clean one.

Some times depends on codecs, windows media player will have problems so use another video player like VLC.