How can I make money with online support usig Weebly and no webhost?

Mark December 18, 2010

Well, a long time ago, there was a post saying how to make money with online support using LiveZilla How Earn Money By Selling Online PC Support using LiveZilla How Earn Money By Selling Online PC Support using LiveZilla Read More .

I would like to know, is there anyway to do this somehow with Weebly, and without a webhost? I know you can put HTML code with Weebly, but Weebly does not allow you to upload the files needed for LiveZilla. So, is there anyway?

1. Weebly Review

Weebly allows you to upload multiple files but you have to do it one by one which may not be the most efficient way of doing it.  But they are free, and as such, may be worth considering.  If you use their Pro (paid) platform, you can increase the size of your files per upload.  But with either the paid or free platform, it's unlimited storage.

Here's a good site where it goes over the features - http://www.website-builder-review.info/weebly-review.html

2. ANDREI T

I must admit I read fast through both the article and the question, so maybe I am missing the whole point.

However, would it not be be easy enough to install your own WAMP or XAMPP server on the PC you are using? Alternatively, it may be worth to use Amazon's EC2 (which is not free but is cheap).

Phrasing differently, you want to gain a large profit from a small number of visitors. Maybe it is worth dumping the free host idea and work/pay a little to set up a customized solution.

3. Ryan Dube

Mark - The LiveZilla solution really is intended for running on your own host/server, and if I were in your shoes (trying to do what you've described), I'd actually avoid the LiveZilla solution. A better bet would be to use a solution like Netviewer as your remote support solution, and then use your free Weebly page as a "landing page" where you can promote and sell your service.

You can sell online support "packages" where your client can purchase a certain day/time slot, and they provide you with their email address. Then you send the Netviewer details over and at the required time/appointment they run it and you're connected. You can chat and walk them through whatever they need help with.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/provide-remote-pc-support-friends-family-netviewer/

If you read that article, you'll see many commentators suggested Teamviewer as another solution. Considering you need to purchase a Netviewer package to use it for a business (as I believe you are hoping to do), you might want to shop around and take a look at Teamviewer too, before you make a decision.

The way you are planning it can work - just remember you've got two parts to your business, the website that's going to sell your service, and then the online support (remote support) solution. They don't necessarily have to be the same thing...you've got Weebly, so all you need is the remote support solution and you're good to go!

Good luck!

I believe you could run the server files needed on your own offline server instead, but it would be a very technical process and you would no doubt need to do some router configuration to enable incoming requests into your home network or home PC. And it's not the way they meant it to be used, so it would be a "hack" at best.

You can find the article here:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/build-linux-web-server-computer-part-2/

What kind of technical support were you thinking of offering?