How can I get my mobile recognized by Samsung Kies in Windows?

Sameer Maharia August 13, 2012

I have no connection with PC in Samsung Kies setting. What can I do?

1. Dalsan

You might be able to find the driver for your specific phone to download and install as sometimes Kies does not always install the drivers properly.

My best suggestion is to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers for the device.

However, first you should check to see if the device has been properly installed. Before proceeding, plug your device into your computer.

1. Go to device manager and look for any icons that are yellow. If you see any, it may necessitate that you reinstall that particular driver.

2. Next, look for any entries under "Samsung". Remove this device, by right clicking and selecting "uninstall" from the context menu.

3. Remove the device and restart the computer. Plug it in.

After reconnecting, Windows should automatically reinstall the necessary drivers. This method, unfortunately, isn't 100% effective, but it sometimes works.

If you computer doesn't even recognize that a device was connected to the computer, then it's likely that the USB cable is (as ha14 suggested) defective.

If your phone is of Bada,then while connecting your phone,choose Samsung Kies mode.If you're using android phone,then all the drivers are installed by default during installation of Kies.Just simply open Kies and then connect your phone.If it doesn't detects your phone,then keep trying connecting it after some days.It's very nasty software and doesn't wants to detect phones so easily.

4. ferdinan Sitohang

what is the type of your samsung series. If it is already under android version, it is automatically detected, if not, i think it is has some other way by not using kies

can be usb cable problem, i had this kind of problem with archos, changing the cable fixed the problem.

6. Saurabh Kumar

First of all check that your drivers are installed. You can also uninstall and then install kies. I also have kies and my mobile is recognized although I dont know how to use internet from my mob and kies on pc.

7. Mihovil Pletikos

did you install drivers?