Which mobile OS is the most promising?

Rajaa C April 15, 2014

Out of all the new Mobile OS that are cropping up, which you personally think holds greater promise for the future: Firefox OS, Ubuntu Mobile OS, SailFish OS or Tizen?  (This link may help you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_operating_system)

I don't think there's a simple answer to that. Firefox OS is designed for emerging markets, and is intended to replace feature phones, not to supplant Android and iOS. In my opinion, it will succeed, because it offers something new (the prospect of smartphone features) in a market that couldn't afford them otherwise. Tizen is Samsung's baby. They are very keen to differentiate themselves from other makers through their software, and since Google won't let them hide Android's "personality" they will try to push it. Whether it is going to be successful is a difficult question - obviously Samsung have got great hopes for it! As for the others, they may develop a niche market (I've written on that in my comment to your Ubuntu mobile question), but I don't think they'll hit it big time - they just don't have a huge advantage over the incumbents.

Out of those mentioned by you what I think would be promising is Firefox OS and Ubuntu Touch OS.

Firefox is promising as it runs HTML5 apps and is lightweight.So,it can be used on low end devices and is targeted for emerging markets,hence it can thrive in low end phone sector.Its latest UI development seems promising that it doesn't sacrifices on look and feel too.

Ubuntu touch is promising to become next flagship platform.Its hardware requirements are already high.The creators had a vision of unified ecosystem for PC,phones etc..