How can I mirror image a video easily?
Question by Mango the Fruitarian /

Does anyone know of any basic, easy to use software or website that allows one to quickly mirror image a full video, such that left appears right, and right appears left? Software for both Windows or Mac would be appreciated. I have some video footage filmed in a mirror of some writing, and I want to reverse it back.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Xxemoxgirlxurjitaxx

hey @TinaMUO:disqus  it worked….thnxxxx….i flipped it horizontally n its mirrored…:)

• Raisul S.M. Islam

if you have format factory, then there is an option in advanced under video convert settings, there is x mirror & y mirror options. should work fine!

• Vini

Thnks…

• Ashish

it works for me 2…
    thanx Tina…
    :)

• Mango Wodzak

that would work but would be tedious as there is more than one set of writings.. besides i’d still like to know how to do it in general.. thnks for the suggestion though!

• Saikat Basu

This is just an off the cuff thought, but if its only writing, can’t you take a screenshot of it and then mirror it back to read it? Or use a simple image app like IrfanView to reverse it? Just a thought because your query is really interesting.

Hey Mango,

VLC Player and Windows Movie Maker can do it. Here is an article on How-To Geek that explains how it’s done for both.

To save your changes in VLC Player do the following:
    Open the video, go to > Extras > Effects and Filters > video effects tab > basis tab > check transformation in the bottom right and select how you want the video flipped or mirrored. Then > Close the effects window. Go to > Media > Convert/Save, add the file and click on the > Convert/Save button at the bottom, select a > file destination, enter the file name plus file extension, and from > Profile pick the respective video codec. Finally click > Start and wait for the file to convert.

I have to admit that this worked only once for me. The video was transformed successfully, but the sound was missing. All other times, VLC player crashed on me. So maybe I missed something. Instructions copied from this forum article.