Is C a mid-level programming language or a high-level language?

Deepak Kumar August 14, 2012

Well some say that C is a middle-level language and for some it’s a high-level language. May I know under which category it falls?

1. Meeth Jain

it's a high level language....

2. Qayum khan

Attention guyzzzz........ C is not high or low level language. it,s a mid level language b/c it,s translate the high level language( source cod) to low level language( object code) and low level language( object code) to high level language( source cod)... so according to my opinion C is mid level language....

3. Amit Sinha

its a low level language

4. Usman Mubashir

high level

5. Timothy Liem

It's a high level since most syntax san be read in human language. other high level is Java, C++, C#, and so on.

6. Erlis Dhima

It is a high level language! I have studied at school myself C Programming Language!
    One reason that I could tell you, is that it calls a lot of libraries...
    You can also read:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-level_programming_language

7. Sagar Aryal

Traditionally C was considered to be a high level language but, It also behaves like a low level language, so being a combination of these two now it is regarded as Middle -Level Language.
    Its behavior's:
    (i) it gives or behaves as High Level Language through Functions - gives a modular programming and breakup, increased efficiency for reusability

(ii)it gives access to the low level memory through Pointers. Moreover it does support the Low Level programming i.e, Assembly Language.