What mid-90s fighting game for Sega/SegaCD had a red-haired fighter?

Anonymous May 4, 2014

I am trying to remember a video game. It was made in the mid-late 90’s. It was very possibly on a Sega/Sega CD platform. It’s a fighting game and the thing I remember most is a female fighter. After a victory, she would remove her ram’s horn helmet, revealing red hair. I really loved playing the game and would love to find out what it is, so I can play it again!

I should have specified, it's def a side-scroller. I thought it was Eternal Champions on Sega CD, but she's not in the character list. She was not an unlock-able character either. I just remember the helmet because I'm an Aries and that ram's horn helmet was kickass! That, and she was a fast fighter.

2. Tim B

I don't remember many games with a red haired female wearing a horned helmet, but here's a list of franchises you might want to look into:

King of Fighters
    Street Fighter
    Virtua Fighter
    Fatal Fury
    Eternal Champions
    Revengers of Vengeance
    Supreme Warrior
    Mortal Kombat (unlikely)

Was it definitely a traditional beat 'em up, or was it possibly a side-scrolling fighter?

3. Ben S

Could it have been Virtua Fighter? Or maybe Eternal Champions?

I'd suggest looking through Wikipedia's entry on Sega franchises. You can sort by genre; there's only a few fighting games. Maybe a name will ring a bell.

Good luck!