Why am I having micro-stutter issues in Windows 7?

K ROHIT December 6, 2011

I have a Lenovo Z570 laptop and I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64. When gaming or watching movies, or even listening to music, the system micro-stutters. I have another partition with Ubuntu and I am not facing such problems when using that.

Hello, how much memory is there in your system?  When you are gaming if you have other stuff running in the background that might affect the quality of gaming playing and also your memory.  If your system doesn't have enough memory, it could be that your physical memory is used up and the system is using your page file as memory.  Also, it could have something to do with drivers.  Update your drivers and multimedia codecs and see if that helps any.  That is why your system could stutter???  With regards to music and video, maybe because of codecs.

possible codec or drivers corruptions, try to uninstal and reinstal new ones.

3. Richard Carpenter

When did it first start? I would open the Task Manager, Ctrl+Shift+Esc, and check the performance tab. What exactly is happening, I don't fully understand what you mean by micro-shutters.