Why is Microsoft OneCare scan stuck?

Barbara July 16, 2010

I’ve looked at your page on how my scan pop up page should look. But instead of it showing the scan bar I get a red X in a box. Every time I try to close the page or retry the scan it tells me I will lose the present scan. Activ-X is enabled so now what? It’s been over 30 minutes how long does this take

Regarding the alternative security software check out following two MakeUseOf posts:

- The Three Best Free Firewalls for Windows
    - The 10 Best Free Anti-Virus Programs

I suggest you try a different security solution that is a little more tried and true.

If your willing to pony up some cash you cant do any better then ESETs NOD32 anti-virus program. If cash is an issue then Avast has the free market sowed up tight. Its the only free AV I put on my clients systems when they request a free AV program.

Comodo is one of the best firewalls you can get, and it is also free for home users.

Combined with some good spyware and anti-malware apps(all the best are free as well) your system will stay bug free.