Does Microsoft Office 2007 (32-bit) work on 64-bit Windows 7?
Question by Shelly /

I just got a laptop w/ 64-bit Windows 7 operating system. My husband bought Microsoft Office a few months ago for his Vista laptop and it has licenses for 3 computers. The box doesn’t say it is compatible with Windows 7, but Windows 7 wasn’t out yet when he bought the MS Office. Can I use this MS Office or do I have to buy a newer version for Windows 7 and 64-bit operating system?

• Trevor Screws

I’ve noticed some compatibility issues with Office 2007 (Excel specifically) that are running in [Compatibility mode] (i.e. 32bit software running in a 64bit environment). The ribbon will freeze and the software will crash. I’ve experienced it on 2 separate machines – from my experience, it seems to be a common issue.

My recommendation: if you’re running a 64 bit machine, just go ahead and make the upgrade to Office 2010 – it’s a better product anyway.

• Asfaw Gobeze Ayalew

dear sir/madam

i have using windows 7 machine with ms office word 2003.I was try to install ms office enterprise 2007 without removing the former this case i was tried to custom installation.But,when the installation process,it says error occurred.Then it roles back without completion.does it not suitable version? if not suitable this version,what type of shall i use? please help me! I hope i will get a guidance from you

Thank you in advance

• Margaret

I got a desk top is windows xp service pack 3 (i don’t know how check the bit is 32 or 64), and office enterprise 2007 in home. and anther desk top is windows 7 64bit office home and business 2010  in my shop office.dose them both the office   
    file con work each other by usb.

• Baldi7290

We have run into issues with Publisher 2007 and Windows 7 64bit machines. The files will not open that were created on older machines, but they will open on 32 bit machines. We have tried uninstalling Office and reinstalling it but that didn’t work. We have tried a coupld of hotfixes and those did not work. One thing we did notice the files will open up on computers using Office 2010. Any ideas?

• Intuna45

My version will not open up at all, so will not install. Have you any tips for me ?

the question you replied to is rather old, so I recommend that you ask a new question since I don’t know the answer. In addition, we need more information. What version of Microsoft Office do you have? Where do you try to install it, i.e. which version of Windows?

• Freedom

Will Office 2007 install on XP 64 bit OS??

• Singhdee

I have been running office 2007 satisfacorily on Windows Xp (32-bit), Desktop. Now I am switching to Sony VAIO Laptop with Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). I am surprised to notice that my office files are missing the figures when I open office 2007 from Laptop. Please advise on this problem

• Linkjerry

does not work for me, office installs fine opens once then never again

• Jaja

You might want to read pceasies post more carefully. Note that he says that the driver problem “doesn’t apply to office.”

• one line

Office 2007 Enterprise [32-bit] run in Windows 7 [64 bit][laptop]