Should I message an old friend who hasn’t been in touch?

March 26, 2014

Should I message a guy?
I met this guy at school a while ago and we talked little and found some common interests. I friended him on Facebook and we messaged a lot and found we had a lot in common. He got his GED so he doesn’t go to school anymore. Eventually we got to talking about relationships and I told him I liked him. He told me he wasn’t looking for anything and I told him I could respect that. We kept talking as friends for awhile. We hung out in person only once. Eventually we kind of just stopped talking altogether. My last message to him was about school and he just never replied. There wasn’t really any sign that he was annoyed by me or didn’t want to talk to me before this.
Should I take this as a hint to leave him alone and let it die or can I message him again just as a friend?

Why not message him ? You can't know the emotions,expressions and state of mind behind the Facebook texts.

2. Rob

Yea, just go for it. It's better to regret something you did, rather than something you wish you did.

3. Dave P

Message him by all means. Keep it short and to-the-point. Be friendly. And prepare yourself for any eventuality. If he doesn't reply this time then I would take it as a sign that he isn't interested in keeping in touch.

There seems to me no harm in sending him a message saying something like "Hi , haven't heard from you in ages. Do you still want to be in touch?". He could then:

reply positively - great result,
    negatively - not so great but you know where you stand
    or not at all - you're no worse off than you've been so far

Good luck!