How can I merge two Facebook accounts into one?

Tin December 10, 2010

How do I merge my two Facebook accounts into one?

1. Maldin

how can i use two facebook account together at one page, i mean both account can link together,

2. james chaney

I have 3 face books accounts.
    james chaney no pic
    jamez chaney with pic
    james chaney with pic
    i want to combined them
    the first two I have not logged on I want to keep the the one that is active with the most friends

3. Bhuvi King

Facebook don't currently offer a way to merge two accounts. I recommend downloading the information you've added to the account you don't want to keep. Then, add the account you're keeping as an admin for any Groups or Pages you manage.

Once you've moved all of your info onto a single account, please delete your duplicate account.
    This is the only way . . .

4. Tapiwa Bright

i have two facebook accounts and i want to make them one but i don't know how

Did you read the suggestions in this comment thread?

• Tapiwa Bright

i have read them but they are not giving me the answers that i need. I've tried even links but they don't seem to work

In that case I recommend you to post a new question. Please mention what you have tried already and why it didn't work.

5. Cry-Baby Doll

hea im wont to move all my fb accounts into my new one i can not remember any of the passwords i recently had all my personal accounts broken into and need help with closing old accounts or transfirming them into one account

6. Snowwwbelle

Hellllllllllppppppppppp   I want just ONE FB account.  If, after 9 tries I am very close to making both go ::::poof:::::..........
    All I get is FB emails that tell me to click on an address and darn if it's the same one I'm trying to get off.
    Truly, I mean no harm but I'm about done with the FB BS

7. A. Buch Hazlrof

You can transfer your contacts by using the same email address for both accounts. Add a secondary email address to your old fb account, remember that email address has to be the same as of your new fb account. Download your contact list or merge it with your Google Gmail account . Now sync your Gmail contacts with your new fb account. All contacts will be added however they will be shown as recently added with no previous history and will be shown as "______ and _______ are now friends" on your wall.

• Ignh

If I do so will all of my "recently added"  friends receive a Friend request or they will be automatically added?

8. Davidmcampbell

I did all this and then I posted that my old account was dead and not to be used. Then a month or two later ( Im not a big user) the two accounts where suggesting my old account to all my friends again so I had double the posts and double the notifications. There appears to be no way to kill off an old account so I have just reduced my usage to as little as possible

9. Lionmichael

Facebook does not want to reduce the number of accounts as this means money at IPO!!  Hence they do not want to help us.  It is a economic issue.  He is not willing to give up his billions.

I don't think that would cost them millions of account. Maybe a couple of thousands, at most.
      That being said, it needs to be checked with Facebook TOS whether having two FB accounts is actually allowed.
      And if it's not allowed there won't be any feature for it.

Aibek

• zemme

you can have two accounts. however there is just still no way to simple merge two accounts. in the facebook help center there is a post about this. id link you to it but its as simple as typing in "is it possible to merge" in the help center search bar and itll come up

10. Muptonspook

You should open new account,and spend your time figuring out how not to put yourself In that position again!!! Respectfully, Mike

• Jbpattitude

that assumes WE did something to begin with!

11. Lannykugel

I have had to download all friends from one Facebook account and make individual requests, explaining why I'm merging accounts and requesting them as friends all over again. It's been very tedious but thorough.

12. Timm Wheeler

I would download the contents of both accounts under my account > download my information and gather what I wanted or the 'best' of each and then delete both and then repost and add according to what I have downloaded.

There doesn't appear to be an easy way to merge accounts other than manually. Remember you can download much of the contents with the download option from the 'My Account' screen on FB and archive.

You could also just post to the one you use most and have an archival copy from your posts of past...

13. Ammadey Naxyr

as the earlier posts states, you have to manually copy your profile content and add to your new (or the merging account).
    but the worst thing in this is that, you can't get your friends on FB to the other account. however, there is a perfectly good (legal) way to do this. but for this you would need a yahoo mail account. here's how...

steps 3 and 4 are used if u want to add the contacts to gmail or just save them.
    1- log in to your yahoo account.
    2- go to contacts. then go to tools>import then choose facebook. this would have retrieved your fb friends emails.
    3- now go to tools>export.
    4- Choose Yahoo!csv and download and save it.
    5- go to fb. got "find you friends" under the "get connected" header in you home page.
    6- log in to you yahoo account and add them!
    this is an easy way to add your contacts from one fb account to the other.

hope this was help full.
    thanx

14. Zsmomma

Unfortunately, FB doesn't allow you to merge 2 accts. You need to copy the content and manually add it to the other account.

• Ivan Sinigaglia

"You need to copy the content and manually add it to the other account.". How cani i do that, specially with Places (Chek in)?

• em231

how do i this?

15. Jayesh

I think this is an awesome solution:
    First, you Backup your Facebook Account (Yes, Facebook allows you to via their settings page now..they simply pack your stuff and send you a link via email to download it).

So, you get 2 of these backups (from the respective accounts).
    Then, you simply unpack both, and join both of them into one. Then I guess you can ask Facebook if you can restore your account, which is where you would provide them with this new backup (which includes both accounts) and voila! You should have a merged account.

Not tried this though, but its worth.

16. Amit Verma

Update same email adress in both!

17. Saikat Basu

When you manually copied your account information, these following posts can be of help when it comes to deleting your inactive Facebook account:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/properly-close-facebook-account/
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/download-entire-facebook-history-data-downloader/

Hi
    you can initiate this by copying your profile content (like photos, notes, etc) and add it manually to your more active account.

You need to manualy build contents from other Facebook account to your active Facebook account as few things like friends and wall posts cannot be transffered. Once you move content to more active Facebook account, you can delete or deactivate other Facebook account