Why doesn’t the memory card in my Samsung Galaxy work?
Question by ushna khawaja /

I have a Samsung Galaxy and the memory card isn’t working. It says that my card is empty or not inserted even though I never formatted it. I don’t want to have to format it because I will lose the important stuff on it. So what can I do?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Ben

The first thing to do is to determine if the problem is with the memory card or with the phone. To check if the memory card is ok, try to read it with a computer. If you can see all your files, then your card could be ok but to be sure, if you can, try to read it from another phone (preferably same model). If you can read from it then the card is ok, if you cannot, the card has a problem. You can attempt to recover data from it. To check if the phone is ok, try to read another memory card with it. If you can’t and your phone is still under warranty take it back for diagnosis at a service centre.

• ferdinan Sitohang

you need to backup your memory card first using computer, then you can format it using you galaxy, since some devices has some rules or limitation to read some other data format.

• Dalsan

If you can, backup all data to your computer, then format your card either with the computer or phone. Trying to fix it any other way may cause you to lose all or most data on the card. This is a common problem with smart phones nowadays, but I think this would be the quickest way to see if you can get it working again.