Why is my memory card not detected by my PC or my phone and how can I fix it?
Question by Akshay Solanki /

When I try to open my memory card using my PC it tells me that the disk in drive is not formatted and asks me if I want to format it now. My phone (a Samsung Galaxy GT-S5570) shows the same option. Please help me out! Thanks

• alishah

Why is my memory card not detected by my PC or my phone and how can I fix it and recover my data that in which i saved. please help me and give good advised and complete solution so that i would easy recover my data and my memory card not destroyed.
    plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• albar

hey pals can you help me?i want to upload my pictures at my facebook but when i insert it in a card reader it says no disk inserted,the card reader is detected but my memory is not

thanks

• Ruchi

When I try to open my memory card using my PC it tells me that the disk in drive is not formatted and asks me if I want to format it now. My phone (a Nokia C2-02 single sim) shows the same option. I do not even have it’s backup and the data is very useful.Please help me out! Thanks

• alok kumar

Dear sir,
    My memory card is not working please help me,and solution.

• rajaskumari

my memory carr file not opening in my mobile and my computer

• Muthomar

Dear All Galaxy mini users (Galaxy S 5570)…
    In order to open your mobile files by a PC, follow the following steps:
    1. connect the mobile phone to computer by the cable provided ;
    2. remove screen lock wall paper as usual ,
    3. from the upper side of the touch screen of the mobile open page of the GPS, bluetooth etc.
    4. you will see an option saying : “USB connected” select this to activate ,
    5. Follow the instrction prompted.
    6. Probably you need to repeat this connection twice before it will be activitated

• Niloy Roy

I have samsung galaxy b5512 handset. My SD card is detectable on both phone and PC but when I try to open it on PC it shows please insert disk. In my phone I am able to view the contents stored in my SD card. Please suggest what to do now..

• Prathamesh Raiter

Your memory card has been locked by one of your devices.
      The only is to format the memory card to make it detectable..
      If you have any important stuff in d sd card, make sure you copy it before hand and then format the card because formatting will erase all its data..
      hope this helps.
      cheers!

• one

hey pls help me out..
    my previous phone was Nokia N93, it has Mini SD card of 2 GB, but don’t know what happened, memory card stopped working. my phone failed to detect it, i tried in ma laptop also, but no use, i checked ma phone mmc port by incerting other memory cards, pls guys, i’ve alots of data in that memory card… please mail me if you have any solutions for this.. thanks..

• ferdinan Sitohang

Actually your memory card is detectable, the problem is any device that you use to access the content asking you to format it. It happens when the memory card formatted using other platform which are not readable in other platform. I assume you want to use this card in your samsung phone, then if you don’t have any concern about any data inside the memory card, just format it in your phone device, and access it through your phone plug in to your computer.

if you format the card then you will loose all data on it. try the card on other windows and see if they all say the same.