How can I use MediaMonkey without installing iTunes in Windows 7?

Adam January 13, 2012

Following your steps for using MediaMonkey without installing iTunes 5 Ways to Sync Music to Your iPhone Without iTunes 5 Ways to Sync Music to Your iPhone Without iTunes Don't wrestle with iTunes to get music onto your iPhone, use one of these alternative methods and workarounds instead. Read More and I quote:

For those who don’t want to install iTunes, there is a hack: Download the iTunes.exe file, Rename the .exe to .zip, Open up the zipped file and extract AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi and QuickTime.msi, tnstall these two files.”

I tried and doesn’t work, maybe my method was wrong. Please show me. My OS is Window 7 Home.

1. Dave Parrack

As that article was published before Windows 7 was released it was probably an XP or Vista hack. Plus MediaMonkey will have changed in that time, meaning the workaround no longer works.

According to this page - http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_ipod_sync - there is a new method you may want to try. I cannot vouch for whether it will work but I have my fingers crossed for you as I hate iTunes.