How can I use MediaMonkey without installing iTunes in Windows 7?

Adam January 13, 2012

Following your steps for using MediaMonkey without installing iTunes 6 Ways To Sync Music To Your iPhone Without iTunes 6 Ways To Sync Music To Your iPhone Without iTunes Read More and I quote:

For those who don’t want to install iTunes, there is a hack: Download the iTunes.exe file, Rename the .exe to .zip, Open up the zipped file and extract AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi and QuickTime.msi, tnstall these two files.”

I tried and doesn’t work, maybe my method was wrong. Please show me. My OS is Window 7 Home.

1. Dave Parrack

As that article was published before Windows 7 was released it was probably an XP or Vista hack. Plus MediaMonkey will have changed in that time, meaning the workaround no longer works.

According to this page - http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_ipod_sync - there is a new method you may want to try. I cannot vouch for whether it will work but I have my fingers crossed for you as I hate iTunes.