Is MediaFire a good online solution?

Saptashwa Bandyopadhyay March 24, 2011

MediaFire offers a free service of unlimited uploads, unlimited downloads and unlimited storage space. It has a maximum size limit of 200 MB per file.

Is it worth the hassle to switch from SkyDrive? As for your knowledge, I have accounts on SkyDrive (using Live Mail), MegaUpload and Dropbox. All are free accounts.

By switch, do you mean re-upolading your files? If you already have accounts on three sites, why not add a forth? I presume you use all of them for some reason or another.

• Saptashwa

I already have MediaFire free account. I mean that, should I keep my sensitive data on SkyDrive, or move it to MediaFire? Which is safer?

Except for SkyDrive and maybe Dropbox I don't consider any of those file hosts as safe simply because they were not intended for this purpose.

For sensitive data I strongly suggest an dedicated online backup solution with an appropriate policy.

Hello, on my opinion nothing beats the free MegaUpload account. Dropbox is excellent and SkyDrive is very useful. Media Fire can also be useful but the speed they provide can be really slow, specially if you have the free version. I would go with the following instead of MediaFire:

http://www.fileserve.com/

• Islamudin zain

dear as of i know fileserve is premium file hosting service while mediafire is free and as he mentioned that he is using free account till than i can assume that he want a free version too and @ FS you can not download fast without a premium account with no resume capability too but mediafire does so. and it is free too

• Saptashwa

BTW if you don't know, in MegeUpload free accounts, if the uploaded file hasn't been downloaded for 90 days, it'll automatically get deleted. So (even though I've an free account on it) I won't backup my essential files there.