How do McAfee and Agnitum Outpost compare?

Zach September 3, 2011

I’ve been using McAfee in conjunction with IObit Malware Fighter for a while now, and I have been disappointed with McAfee’s performance.

Agnitum is doing a deal where you get their security suite Outpost for free to compare it against Norton, McAfee etc. But before I download it and possibly switch over, how do they compare?

I am running Windows 7 SP1 X64.

I don't find McAfee to be that good. You're probably going to get a great variation in answers, since some products work for some people and not for others. It's a matter of preference.

Since IObit Malware Fighter simply steals its signatures from Malwarbytes, you're probably better off using Malwarebytes (an anti-malware) along with an anti-virus. 

My favorite firewall solution (on Windows) is Comodo's Firewall. So now you have an anti-malware and firewall, now you just need an anti-virus.

I always recommend Kaspersky anti-virus. They offer a trial, it works very well.

So there you have it, my advised security setup!

Firewall: Comodo
    Anti-malware: Malwarebytes
    Anti-virus: Kaspersky