How can I maximize the life time of a lithium-ion battery?

Yashwardhan Khemka May 20, 2011

How can I maximize the battery life and net battery backup given by my lithium-ion battery?

1. Yash247

Is there any way I can buy a larger capacity dell inspiron battery in India?

2. Susendeep Dutta

Another thing is that they have a limited number of charging and discharging cycle.So it is better to use your battery judiciously.

Yashwardhan,

lithium-ion batteries don't have a strong memory effect, hence charging and recharging before they are uncharged doesn't harm them. On the contrary, you should not fully uncharge them before a recharge cycle!

What does damange lithium-ion batteries is heat! That's why you should remove them from your laptop in case it's running on AC power. You should generally make sure the battery remains cool.

• Yash247

thanks for the tip. I generally try to run my laptop without the battery in, on ac power. Though I am afraid that too much swapping in and out of the battery may harm the terminals