How can I maximize the life time of a lithium-ion battery?
Question by Yashwardhan Khemka /

How can I maximize the battery life and net battery backup given by my lithium-ion battery?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech

• Yash247

Is there any way I can buy a larger capacity dell inspiron battery in India?

• Susendeep Dutta

Another thing is that they have a limited number of charging and discharging cycle.So it is better to use your battery judiciously.

Yashwardhan,

lithium-ion batteries don’t have a strong memory effect, hence charging and recharging before they are uncharged doesn’t harm them. On the contrary, you should not fully uncharge them before a recharge cycle!

What does damange lithium-ion batteries is heat! That’s why you should remove them from your laptop in case it’s running on AC power. You should generally make sure the battery remains cool.

• Yash247

thanks for the tip. I generally try to run my laptop without the battery in, on ac power. Though I am afraid that too much swapping in and out of the battery may harm the terminals