Can I use material from MakeUseOf.com on my website or blog?

Kshitiz Jain April 7, 2010

Can I share MakeUseOf.com stuff on my blog? Please.

1. dailybarid

what about translating some articles to another language & publishing it in other site with deferent language 

If you also add your own screenshots and/or images that's totally fine. Otherwise you're still violating copyrights. Would be nice if you quoted the original source of the article.

Quoting the article is acceptable or discussing the article and linking to it. If you like a post and want to share it with your readers, you can discuss the issues that the article arises, or possibly quote a sentence or to, but anything more than 10% is not acceptable. For example, something like what Lifehacker does http://lifehacker.com/398328/how-to-run-windows-on-your-mac-for-free

3. Taty

The polite way to go about these things is to post part of the article and link to the source for people to read the rest. Also giving authors and source credit.

4. Mark O'Neill

The legal copyright of the articles on MakeUseOf.com belong to MakeUseOf, therefore you cannot reproduce the entire text of an article on your own website.

What you CAN do is :

a) Place a weblink on your website to one of our articles, telling your readers to click through and read the story on MakeUseOf.com
    b) Use the social networking buttons at the end of each MakeUseOf article, so you can share the article weblink on Digg, Stumbleupon and Facebook.

But copying the entire text of an article onto your own website is strictly forbidden.

I dont see why not, so long as you give props.