Can I use material from on my website or blog?
Question by Kshitiz Jain /

Can I share stuff on my blog? Please.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• dailybarid

what about translating some articles to another language & publishing it in other site with deferent language 

If you also add your own screenshots and/or images that’s totally fine. Otherwise you’re still violating copyrights. Would be nice if you quoted the original source of the article.

• Jack Cola

Quoting the article is acceptable or discussing the article and linking to it. If you like a post and want to share it with your readers, you can discuss the issues that the article arises, or possibly quote a sentence or to, but anything more than 10% is not acceptable. For example, something like what Lifehacker does

• Taty

The polite way to go about these things is to post part of the article and link to the source for people to read the rest. Also giving authors and source credit.

• Mark O’Neill

The legal copyright of the articles on belong to MakeUseOf, therefore you cannot reproduce the entire text of an article on your own website.

What you CAN do is :

a) Place a weblink on your website to one of our articles, telling your readers to click through and read the story on
    b) Use the social networking buttons at the end of each MakeUseOf article, so you can share the article weblink on Digg, Stumbleupon and Facebook.

But copying the entire text of an article onto your own website is strictly forbidden.

I dont see why not, so long as you give props.