How can I mass-transfer SMS messages from my LG phone to my PC?
Question by imabookfreak /

Is this possible?

I know it can be done in most instances, but my phone (LG GW370 “Neon II”) has no function for it, and I haven’t been able to successfully connect my phone to the PC and sync it with LG PC Suite, even though I do have the cable and can successfully use the phone as a mass storage device in this manner.

I know my phone has the ability to save SMS messages to the inserted microSD card, but I don’t think that will make it available to copy to the PC…

Any ideas?

• louise john cacot

just follow the instructions ive made.
    and post some questions and comments there..
    GOODLUCK!!

• louise john cacot

you should seek this link ^^
    GL
    Goodluck ^^
    http://www.mylgcookie.com/index.php/topic,19914.0.html

• lagunasun

I have this same problem with the lg ln240 remarq. I desperately need to print the messages, but I have to move them to pc first. I can connect only to the sd card, whick i cannot save messages to. I have to go to court and need this, and have been trying everything suggested to me that made any sense. Still no luck. Please anyone that can help and thank you

• Gwen55

Hi,  You can send them to “Treasuremytext” you just set up an account free.  You only pay for texts that are forwarded and if your monthly contract has unlimited free texts you dont pay.  This worked for me.

• Christopher Royall

Good Morning Book Freak,

Your USB Connection settings on the phone are not correct for connecting to LG PC Suite if it showing up as a mass storage device.  Here are steps to change that:

1. Press the right soft key Menu from the standby screen.2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Connection.4. Use the Up or Down Navigation key to highlight and select USB Connection Mode.5. Use the Up or Down Navigation key to highlight Music Sync, or Data Storage (Depends on if the phone is completely up-to-date.6. Reconnect the device to a PC.

After this you should be able to connect LG PC Suite to your phone, you may have to restart the software after the steps to complete the process.  Please note the instructions given are directly from the Manual for your phone, which I found on the LG Website at http://www.lg.com under support.

After your software connects, you should then be able to backup your text messages, among other functions available for your phone.

If this does not work, you can try to get a free account at myphone.microsoft.com, and sync your text messages online that way.  They then can be accessed online, saved to computer individually, or as a zip file from there.  However, Microsoft will be ending the Myphone service at the end of this month, so you will have to  have this setup prior to that.  At which time it will back up your online setting to a skydrive account for you.

Please let me know if this helps.

• Imabookfreak

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I was still unsuccessful.
      I have it set to “Ask” so when I connect it, I can choose between “Data Storage” “Music Sync” and “Mass Storage”. I have connected the phone, and restarted the software, multiple times and choosing all three modes several times each. The USB connectivity always fails.

I installed the USB drivers correctly, and my phone software is up to date.

Also, the MyPhone is not an option for me since I don’t have internet access on this phone.

Thanks again for your reply.

• sushil kumar

first you store to micro sd then save that file to pc

• Imabookfreak

I’d have to store each message individually. There’s a lot and it could take awhile.
      I’ll do it if there’s no alternative though.

• Imabookfreak

Actually, I made a mistake.
      I can only save to SIM card, not microSD.
      Sorry for the misinformation.