How can I mass mail (150) subscribers with Yahoo mail?

Jeff August 16, 2010

I am working at a small newspaper. Every Friday we eMail about 150 subscribers with Yahoo mail, but we always have to type in a code they use to prevent spamming. Is there any software, workarounds, or hacks that would help me be more productive, rather than having to sit around and wait for this process?

1. Cooldev007

Hello Jeff,

You Can Use Yahoo Groups For this Purpose. Just Sign With your Yahoo! Id, Create a Group and add your customers as members. Please remember to Keep the Yahoo Group Private and you can send as many mails you want and to any number of subscribers. I use Google Groups as my personal mailing list and it works. My friends does not miss a single emails. You can use that too...

Use a local email client, such as Zimbra (which is Yahoo's own product) or Thunderbird to compose the message and send it. *Don't* use Outlook for the purpose since the size of its distribution lists is quite limited.

You will need to set up the SMTP server details for this (which you can get from Yahoo mail's help or simply by googling "Yahoo SMTP" but since you won't be using the program to receive messages, you don't need to bother with POP3 or IMAP settings.

3. Stu

I use Mailchimp - http://www.mailchimp.com/ You can upload 500 email addresses and send 3,000 emails per month with their free version. They have great editable campaign templates too. OK, there is a small advert at the bottom of the email but it's not intrusive. You can also link it to your Twitter & Facebook pages. If you have more than 500 email addresses you can just upload the first 500 - wait 24 hours - delete them and upload the next batch.