How can I have Mashable-like gallery WordPress plugin?

Mr.Bhavesh December 14, 2011

I really love Mashable blog, specially when the post contains some images.

When we are clicking on images, it automatically expands in side and description is written there. Can I know the name of plugin which it use?

1. Claudio Lobo

Like some of you, I've been looking for a Mashable-like gallery plug-in for WordPress and there is no such a thing.
    The most similar plug-in is Nextgen Gallery but if Mashable is using it, they have customized and improved it 1000%.

2. tasarhane designhouse

i also looking for something like this

3. Anil

They are using nextgen gallery. But that too is customised by them.

4. Raz

any idea or update on this..?

I believe you're talking about "lightbox" , a javascript which lets image load in -page in a nice "pop-up". I dont know of a specific wordpress plugin, but search for lightbox and I'm sure you can find a few. 

• Mr.Bhavesh

Thanks James for quick replay.I found some of lightbox plugin for WordPress but I think they are not used by mashable.
      I think they are using customized one!!

• Bruce

I had been looking for something similar and the one that mashable has is custom built, so you can't get the exact same thing. Look at alternatives like Slidedeck, or smooth slider for something similar. Believe me, I've been looking for a long time and havent found a perfect solution.