How can I map an image to different PDF files stored on my desktop?

Rajdeep Singh February 23, 2011

I am having this project in which I have 9 PDFs and an image which has 9 different portions. I want to map those 9 portions to 9 PDFs, so that I can present it on a projector. Basically I need an image, that can open these PDFs, when I click respective portions. Thanks in advance.

Thank You

Well you will need some coding capacities;

trying to open a new window in two ways
    1 - adding javascript to the onclick attribute of an Image button to open a
    pdf document in a new window as
    javascrit:window.open('MyPage.aspx',status=1,locat ion=1,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes)

2 - using a HyperLink and using the NagigateUrl property to open a pdf
    in a new window with the targer set as "_Blank"

possible http://moodle.org/ can help you

You could create an HTML document, embed the picture and create image maps linking to the different PDFs.

The only alternative I can think of is creating a Flash with the picture as the background and ~again~ create links to the PDFs.

The picture itself cannot be interactive and clickable - it's either static (JPG, PNG, etc.) or animated (GIF).

Also, you might have a chance using the Portfolio function of Acrobat 9 but I'm not sure how this could work out.