What manuals would you like to see from MakeUseOf?

Justin Pot March 15, 2011

MUO Readers,

what manuals do you guys want to see? We try to put out a new manual every 10 days: the 10th, the 20th and the 30th of each given month. That’s a lot of manuals in a year, so we need help from you coming up with ideas.

So: what topics would you like to learn more about? Let us know here and we’ll see if we can get to work on anything.

Just so you know, here’s what’s coming up:

How The Internet Works, March 20
You Like This: The Facebook Marketing Guide, March 30
Hard Drive Of The Future: Your Guide to Solid State Drives, April 10

Upcoming: Start your own photography blog, ebook management w/ Calibre, basic guide to xhtml, Office 2010 tips and tricks, the ultimate Windows repair kit, 101 uses for Live CDs and much more. Stay tuned!

Think you’ve got what it takes to write a MUO manual? Let me know and we’ll get in touch.

1. Theprateeksharma

I would love to read a guide to
    using augmented reality in your life
    layar,webcam games etc.

2. john

I think a guide for Media Centers (boxee, xbmc, etc) is in order. With everyone buying boxes just to stream movies it might be a good idea to show people how easy it is to hook up a computer to your tv as well

3. Osama

a manual on mozilla firefox
    a manual on google chrome
    a manual on GIMP

4. PC Co-Pilots

I'd like a LinkdIn Manual.
    My clients ask me so many questions about Microsoft Office. It usually involves "why it doesn't come on the computer." A manual explaining the different versions of office, what they provide, and alternatives to MO would be great. That way I can just send them to your site instead of spending an hour trying to explain it.

5. Risman

I want MUO to publish pdf guides like:
    Step by Step to be a Good Programmer (learn this first, then that, then what ...), or
    Step by Step to be a Good Hacker, or
    Step by Step to be a Good Web Designer, or
    Step by Step to be a Good Writer, or
    Step by Step to be a Good umm ... Businessman, whatever.
    I believe if we want to be good at something we must learn A first, then when we mastered A, we better learn B, then C, and so on.
    It will be very useful and open many people's mind.

6. Susendeep dutta

In today's world, there's widespread use of smartphone.Be it iphone, android etc.

I want MUO to publish articles on how to choose a smartphone and what are the important things to be considered while choosing it.

Smartphone's batteries have also became today's issue as every user has to charge their phones everyday.I want MUO to also concentrate on battery of smartphones.

I also want this article to be published as there are less resources available on web on this topic.

7. tim hefner

my new pc came with no instructions. i would like to see a basic windows guide explaining what and how things work. i've had it for a month and just figured out how to copy and paste an address. i've encountered many other idiots in the same boat.

8. Candy

I am trying to teach a 65 yr old guy who is computer iliterate how to use his new laptop and windows 7. Is there any windows basic lessons nor manuals out there to help this guy?