How do I manually configure Hotmail in Android 4.0’s native email app?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani October 25, 2012

How do I manually configure Hotmail in the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich native email app? Automatic configuration displays an error, so how do I get this working?

• Douglas Mutay

Thanks for the link Harshit. It gives answer to all our questions.

select the app and then go to settings and then click on the plus sign. You will see that it prompts for username and password and below that there is a button saying manual setup to put the incoming and outgoing server address.

Alternatively, I use the official Hotmail client from Microsoft for the Android platform where I just put in the full email id and the password and it auto configures everything else. It supports push email methodology so whenever any email arrives, I get a notification. It can be configured with hotmail.com, live.com or outlook.com email IDs. If you want, you can download it from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotmail.Z7&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ob3RtYWlsLlo3Il0. .

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

I had used this app

It has inbox functionality but composing new mail functionality is lacking

It very much has the compose new mail facility. Press the button which is on the left side of your phone home button. It gives yo the option to compose.