How can I manage music synched to my iPhone using the iPod app?

Marissa November 8, 2010

I have had my 3G iPhone for six months (last release, not the latest iPhone), and my big issue is with the iPod application. I have checked all of the documentation that I have found, and I may have missed something (it gets boring after a while), but I couldn’t find a fix. So, here are my questions:

1) I can’t seem to figure out how to delete music from my iPhone once music is synched on to it. On my old iPod mini, I could edit everything from iTunes. I don’t seem to be able to do that on the iPod app on iPhone – it locks me out. How can I delete music?

2) Any CDs that are compilations (i.e. Herbie Hancock’s “Tribute to Joni Mitchell”, with a different artist for each track) appears as separate albums on my iPod application. It makes it impossible to play it as a single CD, and it takes up a GINORMOUS amount of the directory for no good reason. What can I do in iTunes to correct this?

Thanks much!

Hi
    Try Phone Disk
    http://www.macroplant.com/phonedisk/

for itunes

Plug yout iphone then click on it.You will see your overall menu for your iPhone.
    This is where you will select the option manually manage music and video. The default box checked is normally the "automatically sync when this iPhone is connected. Deselect that box and then check the manually manage music and videos. This will ask you if you want to erase and sync, approve that.

You should now have the manually manage music and video box checked. From here you can click on the music option on the left side under the Library section.

Now if you would like to remove an item from your iPhone it's just as simple. Make sure your iPhone is plugged in and click on the music option that is located under your iPhone. Go and select the song you want to remove and just click the delete button on your keyboard. That's all that needs to be done. You will see the file disappear and it is no longer on your iPhone.

Now you are only able to sync your iPhone to one iTunes library, so every time you plug an iPhone into a different computer then you will have to erase and sync your iPhone so it will only remain to not sync if you keep using the same iTunes library.