How can I best manage my 8GB music collection and rotate songs to a 4GB MP3 player?

Miles Alexander May 16, 2012

I have a 4GB MP3 player, but I have 8GB of tunes. How do I replace the tunes I’ve already listened to easily? Mac or PC. I’m running Lion and Windows 7.

1. Brenda Somich

Delete your old files you're tired of listening to and add new files, also a great way I've been adding new music files to my library is by converting videos online to mp3s.
    http://www.real.com/resources/convert-video-to-mp3
    I've really enhanced my music library at home by doing this.

2. Susendeep Dutta

If you have listened to all the music present in your player then you can replace it with new ones by deleting the listened tunes(make sure to backup your 4GB songs on PC/Mac) and then copy the new songs into the player.

I think you can achieve this task easily by connecting your MP3 player to Windows 7 via mass storage mode.

3. iStoopKid

if by replace you mean you wanna delete the stuff you already listened to, there should be an option on your music list in itunes. sort by play count and you can delete the songs with the most plays by highlighting them all until you get to the 1st unplayed song or w/e and hitting delete. if you don't use itunes, you can try downloading winamp. It does a good job at managing music and even works on some ipods. also works with most any other mp3 player.