How do I make use of MakeUseOf.com?

David January 14, 2011

I need to login in order to post a comment, but there is no place to log in that I can find.

David,

yes, technically you have to log in to post a comment. However, you do not have to join MakeUseOf or sign up with us. In fact, we do not (yet) offer this option.

When you wish to reply to a comment, simply type the comment in the respective box at the bottom of the article, then click the "Post as..." button in the bottom right corner of the comment box.

Clicking that "Save as..." button will open a login window where you are presented with several login options, including Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, and Yahoo. If you don't have an account with any of these services, you can make use of the very first option, i.e. post as a guest. You only need to provide a name and eMail address and you won't be signing up for anything. Please do check 'Subscribe to all comments by email' to be notified of replies to your comment.

If you do not see a comment box at the bottom of an article, the comments may have been closed. This is the case for all articles older than 3 months on the main page. On Answers, however, we do not close comments.

Should you have a question regarding an older article for which the comments were closed, just come over to Answers and ask your question. Your 'question' can also be a comment or feedback for us.

Thank you for this question and I hope I was able to answer it. Please let us know!

• Susendeep dutta

I always click on 'Subscribe to all comments by email' and never get any email notification of the replies.Aibek has promised to fix it in his new makeover of makeuseof.I'm waiting for this to be fixed .

When I 'subscribe to all comments by email' I do receive comment notifications. Are you sure your eMail address is correct? Maybe the notifications are sorted into your spam folder?

Susendeep, that feature should be working now. It works for me, for Tina and many others. Try checking your email as well as the junk folder (in case your email program thinks that our emails are spam).