Which free PDF Guide would you like to see published on MakeUseOf?

Tina November 26, 2010

MakeUseOf has a great collection of free PDF Guides and also a long list with ideas for new ones. Now our PDF Manuals Editor Justin wonders which one YOU would like to see published! Post your ideas here and like (i.e. vote for) ideas that you agree with.

1. Htmlperson

A guide to e-readers would be nice.

2. Susendeep dutta

An Idiot’s Guide To Photoshop

3. jhpot

Great ideas, everyone. It's certainly not the first time we've had requests for Gimp and Paint.net.

Hi
    Repair windows media player easily, with thumbnails of movie files, plus the right codec to download.

Reload windows dlls, registry keys easily

how to find missing corrupted drivers and how reinstal from windows cd without doing repair instal

5. Bernard

I would like to see a Paint.NET guide

The topic probably is way to comprehensive but I'd like a guide about linking and unifying home entertainment. Or maybe a guide to build your own "content hub" for entertainment.

Nowadays we have so much different entertainment devices at home ~ from the simple desktop/laptop over iPod/iPad to the DLNA flat-screen ~ yet we can hardly access all and the same content on all of these devices.

• jhpot

Have you ever looked into Boxee? That might work. I think a manual covering this would probably focus on Boxee or a program like it. Do you have any programs like this you prefer to use?

Never liked Boxee simply because registration is mandatory. At the moment I got Plex running on my Mac and years ago I was playing around with shoutcast and stuff...

It's not that I can't pull it off myself ~ I got Plex up&running, the iOS App for access from everywhere including 3G network. And since all media is stored on my NAS I'm just one check box [for DLNA/UPnP] away from being done. :-)

It's more about wrapping up the wide range of options for the general curiosity.
        I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't know how to setup Windows Media Player as a DLNA Server for their TV/STB and access the same media on their phones using Apps like PlugPlayer for iOS and Android.

7. Osama

GIMP Basics