Why are my MakeUseOf profile points stuck at 60?

Osama Javaid August 25, 2012

Since many days, I noticed that my points on MakeUseOf profile are not increasing. Although I commented and shared stuff from MakeUseOf and answered questions, too. Why is that so?

1. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Have you tried using another browser or clearing your cache?
    Are you sure you're logged in when doing said activities?
    My points increase just fine so I'm not sure what happened to you.

2. Tony Batty

I am of the believe that they should post exactly how much a person could post on any given day, so one knows and if they still want to post answer, share or comment.

3. Usman Mubashir

Don't answer more than a few questions daily,

4. VictorGeis

I had a similar problem and after clearing my cookies and logging in and out it seems the point reward system works like it should.

Makes me wonder if MakeUseOf needs to look at updating their point system; this is the 3rd time I've heard something like this happening.

5. anthonymonori

Try to log out, clear your cookies and be sure that your browser does not block any 3rd party cookies, because than you won't be able to see your points at all.
    If this doesn't help and you're still not getting any points for your activity, I advise you to get in contact with the MakeUseOf team @ http://www.makeuseof.com/contact-team/ .

6. April Eum

you should probably log out, clear any cookies or browsing history that may interfere, then log back in and try sharing again.

There seems to be a lot that are not happy one way or another with the points system. Maybe its time to review the system. I for one know in the past I spent a lot of time and effort answering questions with next to no reward points.
    I know we should be doing this because we want to and not for the points but why should some people seem to go racing ahead with the points?

Osama,

According to our records you have not earned any points over the past 7 days. Did you comment or share recently?

• Osama Javaid

yes I did

• GrrGrrr

were u logged in while sharing, commenting?