Why do MakeUseOf articles not print properly on my printer?

Richard R May 13, 2014

When I try to print any of your articles, Print View only displays the first page. All other pages are blank except for the article title, the URL, copyright notice at the top of the page. The page number, date and time appear at the bottom. Same on the actual printout.
This only happens on all MakeUseOf articles. Other web site pages and all other multi-page documents print normally.
The printer is an Epson Workforce 840 and has operated with no problems for over 2 years.

1. Richard R

Thanks for all of the replies.
    However, none of the above suggestions help.
    Resetting Firefox does not change anything.
    Save as PDF is not a real option. Only HTML is available in "Save As". If I merely change the extension to PDF, it is still an HTML file and cannot be opened in Acrobat.

I find nothing to make Firefox Print all pages.
    The only thing that does work is to make Internet Explorer the default browser.
    Then I can use Print Preview and Print as expected.

• Bruce E

For Firefox, you need an add-on in order to save a page as a PDF file. A quick search of the add-ons reveals tools such as Web2PDF, PrintPDF, Save as PDF, and Print pages as PDF.

2. Richard Rose

The URL of the referenced MakeUseOf article:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/awesome-things-can-automatically-import-google-calendar/

Using Firefox 29.
    When I select File>Print Preview, only page 1 of 12 displays anything. All 11 of the remaining pages are blank, except for titles.
    When selecting File>Print, only page 1 prints anything, All remaining pages print only the titles, nothing else.

This occurs for any MakeUseOf article that I attempt to print.

can you save it as pdf first to check if at least you have all pages? then print it

quite right this happen on firefox and not on chrome! this can be perhaps because the PDF reader!
      1.Go to Options
      2.Click on the Applications tab
      3.Find and select Portable Document Format (PDF) in the Content Type column.
      4.In the corresponding Action column select "Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)". if you have adobe reader installed
      5.Click on OK

if not try
      Reset Firefox printer setting
      https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-printing-problems-firefox#w_reset-firefox-printer-setting

It's not clear to me exactly what you are doing or trying to print. Can you post the URL of something that won't print?