Why do I get the “maintenance in progress, domain switching disabled” error in Blogger?
Question by Anandu B Ajith /

I have been getting an error which says “maintenance in progress – domain switching disabled” on Blogger. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it? Is it just a matter of waiting?

Google had resolved the problem….Now You can…..

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

normally this type of problem solves in 24 to 72 hours if it isn’t solved contact the host providers.

• Umair Adil

Something’s wrong at the Server end. You need not to worry about it. They will fix it.

• Guest

Hi Anandu,

Yes, it is just a matter of waiting AFAIK. Blogger recently announced that “the old interface is going away in a few days” (the “classic” dashboard and profiles where you edit your blog and settings). Google is doing some major upgrades to integrate Blogger with G+ and other services, so things will be a little wonky for at least the next week or so (note I said “at least”).

I got this error too. I have both a self-hosted WP blog and a Blogger blog and wanted to redirect my Blogger blog to the custom domain I also use for WordPress, but just for right now, it’s a no-go. Maybe check back around October or so — it’s only a couple weeks away. :-)

• Michael

It’s a known issue – check here for updates (8 days so far!)

http://knownissues.blogspot.co.uk/

• Andy Winchester

It is a matter of waiting.

Even i have My Blog :
    http://software-masterz.blogspot.com/
    It gave me the same problem and i contacted with them and they said they are making extra feature and improvements , so you have to Wait.

• nowomennocry

try to right click -> impact element.. you can find this code
    “subdomain.blogspot.com”
    try you change data-c value to 1, data-c=”1″..
    shimmerchoco.blogspot.com
    automatically input text to change the domain is shown, and you can change this. I edited it using the browser chrome and successfully.

• steve

welcome to the godaddy debacle

• HLJonnalagadda

This error is shown whenever there is some sort of a scheduled maintenance work going on. It usually gets resolved within the day.

• rejdz

your right- so very slow maintenance action! IF THEY WANT MAINTENANCE BE IN GOOD SIDE MAYBE NEXT TIME WITHIN 24HRS MAX. NOT A GOOD BUSINESS BLOGGER TEAM

• Being Traveler

Its been 5 days now. I am also stuck with same issue. My blog is down.

• sanam

I have the exact same problem, it’s been 5 days for me now too, and since I bought the .com domain for my site i keep getting a 404 (not found) error whenever i visit the new website, even though i have registered it and my .blogspot.com has successfully redirected to the .com

• Romi

I think this is not an issue that we can solve.May be the maintenance section of blogger doing some kind of maintenance work may be for better workflow. I don’t know how much time it take to become normal condition .If anybody know that please let me know