Why do I get the “maintenance in progress, domain switching disabled” error in Blogger?

Anandu B Ajith September 14, 2012

I have been getting an error which says “maintenance in progress – domain switching disabled” on Blogger. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it? Is it just a matter of waiting?

Google had resolved the problem....Now You can.....

2. dhanunjayarao chunduri

normally this type of problem solves in 24 to 72 hours if it isn't solved contact the host providers.

3. Umair Adil

Something's wrong at the Server end. You need not to worry about it. They will fix it.

4. Guest

Hi Anandu,

Yes, it is just a matter of waiting AFAIK. Blogger recently announced that "the old interface is going away in a few days" (the "classic" dashboard and profiles where you edit your blog and settings). Google is doing some major upgrades to integrate Blogger with G+ and other services, so things will be a little wonky for at least the next week or so (note I said "at least").

I got this error too. I have both a self-hosted WP blog and a Blogger blog and wanted to redirect my Blogger blog to the custom domain I also use for WordPress, but just for right now, it's a no-go. Maybe check back around October or so -- it's only a couple weeks away. :-)

5. Michael

It's a known issue - check here for updates (8 days so far!)

http://knownissues.blogspot.co.uk/

6. Andy Winchester

It is a matter of waiting.

Even i have My Blog :
    http://software-masterz.blogspot.com/
    It gave me the same problem and i contacted with them and they said they are making extra feature and improvements , so you have to Wait.

7. nowomennocry

try to right click -> impact element.. you can find this code
    "subdomain.blogspot.com"
    try you change data-c value to 1, data-c="1"..
    shimmerchoco.blogspot.com
    automatically input text to change the domain is shown, and you can change this. I edited it using the browser chrome and successfully.

8. steve

welcome to the godaddy debacle

9. HLJonnalagadda

This error is shown whenever there is some sort of a scheduled maintenance work going on. It usually gets resolved within the day.

• rejdz

your right- so very slow maintenance action! IF THEY WANT MAINTENANCE BE IN GOOD SIDE MAYBE NEXT TIME WITHIN 24HRS MAX. NOT A GOOD BUSINESS BLOGGER TEAM

• Being Traveler

Its been 5 days now. I am also stuck with same issue. My blog is down.

• sanam

I have the exact same problem, it's been 5 days for me now too, and since I bought the .com domain for my site i keep getting a 404 (not found) error whenever i visit the new website, even though i have registered it and my .blogspot.com has successfully redirected to the .com

10. Romi

I think this is not an issue that we can solve.May be the maintenance section of blogger doing some kind of maintenance work may be for better workflow. I don't know how much time it take to become normal condition .If anybody know that please let me know

11. Erlis Dhima

How much time left has the domain to expire??
    Maybe you need to pay for another year!
    Also, it might be a temporary problem of Blogger!
    Since, it's saying: maintenance in progress..
    So it might be just a matter of waiting!
    Wait some more days, and see if the problem is still there or not!