How to maintain minimal load on mobile processor so that it functions maximally?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani September 29, 2012

How to maintain minimal load on mobile processor so that it functions maximally? For example, how to keep apps running smoothly, and video streaming or multi-tasking smoother with the processor?

If it is Android use applications like Easy Battery Saver and Turbo Booster

Also you can use NQ Android Booster. These three apps keeps my Android going. :)

2. HLJonnalagadda

As it has been said here, best thing to do is get a Task Manger and monitor how much usage you are running through. Efficiency also matters on the version of Android, as well as how much memory your device has.

3. Dimal Chandrasiri

there are various things that makes your device processor busy. so you have to check for all of them.

first : check for unwanted background processes running. for example, I recently came across with an android game which has multiplayer over the internet, and even if I close the game, it was still running since the game has notifications for online competitions. that sucks. so try checking for them and disable. it'll reduce processor usage.

second : Malware applications, Virus guards running constantly. I know for a fact every smart phone user keeps a virus guard running. this is actually not necessary unless your data is always in "on" mode. ( I enable mobile data when It's necessary to browse. ) so if you are also doing the same, it is not necessary to keep your virus guard running all the time. you can either disable it untill you browse the next time.

third : home screens are another trouble maker. As a fact, android users ( this is not applicable if your an iPhone user ) use 3rd party home screen applications. some of them use very high memory as well. if you don't like the stock home screen, and want a third party one, use less one or two scrollable home screens.

fourth : home screen gadgets. use them if your really want. other wise, use the applications directly. avoid putting lot of gadgets since it consumes your processing power 24x7.

those are some of the tips I can give you to increase the responsiveness of your mobile device.!

4. DalSan Mack

I use mostly Advanced Task Killer for Android and kill tasks whenever I finish using the phone for the moment. Most will say not to, but I kill the apps that I know won't interfere with the usability of the phone. Best Android app to use, though, would be Fast Reboot. Use it sparingly, but it will try to make the phone resources go back to when you reboot the phone without having to actually restart it. Rooting the phone (Android) would allow more options like using AutoRun Manager and Titanium Backup to stop some apps from starting on its own, or freeze the apps you don't want running but don't want to uninstall it. I have little knowledge of the other mobile OS's so can't offer much help for them.

5. GrrGrrr

One important thing to learn is a mobile phone is not a PC, not even a mini PC. So have multiple things running will not only heat the interior and parts, but also lead to early death. A better options would be to keep track of open applications, close unnecessary applications, restart the phone once everyday, and treat it properly.

Hey Sunil!

This is, unfortunately, the biggest problem with Android today: Google gives developers too much freedom in designing their apps and as a result, apps tend to draw on more system resources than they should. I'd say that the top three issues with poorly designed apps are: (1) app constantly runs in the background (2) apps constantly wake the phone out of deep sleep (3) apps constantly keep a resource, such as WiFi or GPS active.

The single best method of streamlining your device for multitasking is to keep the total number of installed apps to an absolute minimum. Uninstall apps you aren't using regularly.

After that, you can disable programs from automatically running in the background using autorun editors (these require root access) - there are several, but I recommend the paid program Autorun Manager. However, some extremely nasty apps (I'm talking about K-9 mail and Doubletwist Player) will continually restart in the background because they are programmed to check for autostart status on the program's startup and if they're disabled, they reenable themselves. It's positively ridiculous.

Once you identify a particularly problematic autostart program, you can simply uninstall it.

this depends on the mobile phone OS and multitasking ability.