How can I maintain constant internet access throughout the USA?

Ed Nockles April 14, 2010

I’m support crew to a cycling team that is racing 3000 miles from the west to east coast of America, and I’m wanting to update the race from the support car. Does anyone know of a solution to keep me connected as we travel from state to state, so that I can upload blog posts and photos?

Ed,

which provided did you decide for? Did the race start already? Please keep us updated!

You may also use a data plan on your phone and use your Phone as modem for your notebook (MakeUseOf had several articles on how to do that, quick search should bring them up). That should keep you connected anywhere in the United States.

3. Taty

Hi Ed
    You can sign up with a 3d plan from most internet providers nowadays. Usually it requires that you buy a small card to be attached to your computer ( if it doesn't already come with a 3g card, which many new netbooks and laptops have nowadays):
    Like:
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/pc-cards.jsp
    and that you pay a monthly fee for the service.
    Check with your company for their plans. A few have netbooks and plans very cheap.