Are mails deleted from the main inbox also deleted from the smart mailbox on Mac?

lauren August 31, 2010

Making smart mailboxes in my Mac eMail is easy. One question, if I delete from the main inbox, will it delete from the smart mailbox? If so, what is the point?

1. GM

I have "include messages from Trash" unchecked but they are still showing up in my smart mailbox. Is this a bug? Any way to fix it?

• Abc

I've the same problem of lots of previous versions on an email I've written showing up as trash in the smart mailbox even though "include messages from Trash" is unchecked

2. Bakari

If I'm understanding you correctly, yes, when you delete from a non-smart mail box, it deletes from the smart mailbox, because after an email is deleted, the smart mailbox rule can’t find it. However, depending on the rules you set up for the smart mailbox, deleted emails that are in the trash may still show up in the smart mailbox if the “Include messages from Trash” checkbox is clicked. When the trash is emptied, then the email no longer shows up in the smart mailbox.