Why is some of the mail on my tablet not shown on my laptop?

July 7, 2014

There is mail on my tablet that does not show on my Dell laptop with Windows 7 Home Edition. The email address is the same. Why is this happening?

Just to consolidate everyone else's questions and add my own...
    What email service are you using (GMail, Hotmail, something else?).
    What kind of tablet (Android or other, in which case tell us which) are you using?
    What app are you using on the tablet and on the laptop to read your mail?
    What protocol, if you know, are you using? Is it POP3, IMAP, Exchange or something else?

It's most likely that the problem is caused by using POP3 on the tablet, but without all the details, it'll be difficult to help you.

2. Alan W

Is it pop3 on one device and IMAP on another?

What protocol are you using to retrieve your email, especially on the tablet?

If you are using the POP3 protocol it's important to make sure that neither device is deleting the emails from the server immediately. It should be set to a time frame in which both devices have the chance to download the email from the server.

How to set protocols and time frame? Your answer is not complete.

• Bruce E

The answer is incomplete because it requires information from OP in order to answer it properly.

In order to avoid having to have you answer our questions so we can help you, I'll just offer a different option. Change the protocol on both devices to IMAP if your mail provider supports it. That way every action on either device will be reflected on the other without having to worry about getting them synced while using POP3. If you don't already know how to change the protocol being used, you will need to look at Oron's response and answer ALL of the questions he has listed there.

• Jan F

Thank you, Bruce. Yes, we require more information to give you a more "complete answer".

The protocol was set when you initially configured the email account on your devices. The time frame can be set within the configuration of the email account.

Oron perfectly summed up what we need to know and the more details you can provide the better we can try helping you, guide you through those settings or how to find out those things.

which email it is? gmail?...